Here’s a list of the things I’ve found important to have and do in terms of SEO.
Bonus: I also added my personal preferences about food, hardware, activities, etc.
Don’t worry, these won’t be included in the PDF downloadable version of the checklist.
Content Management System Choices
WordPress is my first choice, if not, Squarespace.
SEO Plugins (WordPress Only):
SEO Audit Tools (any or multiple of the following for cross-checking) :
- Screaming Frog
- Website Auditor
- Deep Crawl (I highly recommend this if you’re crawling a huge site with 50,000+ pages).
- Ahrefs (For competitor analysis of keywords, but I’m sure Semrush would work too).
- Google Keyword Planner
- For tracking keywords, I use Search Console, Ahref’s or Rank Tracker by Link Assistant
- Moz Local for citation consistency and easy indexing on main local platforms.
- Whitespark for checking citation counts and competitor analysis.
- Grade.us for review generation
Page Speed Optimization:
Structured Data / Schema Markup
- Schema App (this site is also a great template to mirror with your own structured data)
- Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool
Top Controllable Assets
Top Content Distribution Networks I Will Be Using
- Facebook Groups
- Youtube Streams
- Native Blog
- Twitter (mainly for interactions with experts and for siphoning knowledge to share with groups, and personally learn from).
- Computer: Macbook Pro 15″
- Blue Yeti Microphone
- Adjustable Stand Up Desk Platform
- Bose Bluetooth Sound link + revolve + Spotify subscription (You’ve gotta have music. I’m actually in the progress of creating an SEO music playlist).
- Canon 70D Camera + lavalier
- iPhone 10X
- Wild Salmon
- Cliff Bars
- Green Juice
- Chicken Breakfast Sausage
- Chamomile Tea (switched from drinking coffee, I have more focus now actually and sleep better)
- Avocado Toast
- Fruit Smoothy Bowls With Gluten Free Granola.
Entertainment / Activities
- Youtube Cooking Videos
- Not laughing at You Laugh You Lose Videos by Markiplier
- Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies
- PS4 VR
- Nintendo 64 Games
- Reading SEO blogs
Goals / Expectations
- Continue learning about Google Algorithms
- Create truly unique content templated by blog posts and turn it into visual content / courses
- Make enough through courses / Patreon to switch to mainly free content
- Speak at at least 5 SEO conferences
- Grow Facebook group to 20,000 members
- Grow Youtube Channel Subscribers to 30,000